10 tips for maternity leave
This time last year I had no clue that this date, 4th November, would fill me with such dread. Just another day. Another day closer to maternity leave.
Oh how these last 10 months have flown by. I will miss this.
There have been times when I have hated it. Moments where I felt I couldn’t go on.
There have been times that have been so special to me, that I will cherish forever.
This all sounds rather dramatic as I am only starting off 2 days a week until Christmas. Bit it’s the end of this time, this pure and simple time to be me,to be with my baby. Now work will have to be thought about as well.
I have learnt so much. Here are some tips literally from the top of my head, right now.
1. Follow your instincts. Your gut feeling is right.
2. You have to work at breast feeding. I have learnt so much, I wish dearly I could have done it longer.
3. Go with the flow! Don’t worry about timings, and routines. Or cleaning for that matter.
4. Go to groups, it will be awkward and horrible at first, but it is rather good to get out of the house.
5. Discover the Delights of a slow cooker – it’s so easy and a great way to eat healthy without thinking too much
6. Make sure you get time to yourself even if it is to have a cuppa. If people offer to have baby – take it!
7. Cloth nappies! Try them. They’re fantastic. Something wish I’d done sooner.
8. Health Visitors don’t necessarily know everything
9. Don’t beat yourself up if things don’t go as you thought – it happens to everyone about something or other.
10. Enjoy it, do things you will remember. Even in the dark long nights be glad you’re there. They change so quick enjoy every stage.
Who knows, I may get to enjoy maternity leave again one day. But if not, it’s been a very rewarding, and life changing experience.