Sometimes, a little teeny weeny white lie just makes life so much easier…..
1. If all vegetables have ‘crisps’ or ‘chips’ at the end of their name it makes them irresistible
2. Peas and sweetcorn are “sweets”. If you hand them to your child in a conspiratorial manner, sort of hesitate and say “I’m not sure you should be eating these but go on then”……it makes them even nicer
3. Is there butter on that? Well, that’s an interesting question. That’s just how the bread is, OK?
4. If you run out of orange juice, just tell them apple juice is like orange juice just a bit more applier
5. When they ask if everyone is asleep, you always say yes.
6. The TV shuts down at 6pm, doesn’t it?
7. You can only have one glass of water from the water dispenser at the Dentists, it’s the law.
8.. The Peppa Pig Car Ride machine is sadly broken but you can sit in it for a minute.
9. Peaches look a bit like pumpkins, and pumpkins are in Cinderella……so there’s a tenuous link to use
10. The police will always be called in utter crisis situations. And for emergencies there is Father Christmas.