Quick, Tasty and Delicious
Egg and Bacon Noodles are quick, easy, delicious and healthy. I love whipping this up when I am in need of something filling, tasty and that doesn’t take too long to cook. It’s also a great way to use up leftovers in the fridge or when you only have a few essential items in! It’s a very versatile recipe and you can amend the amounts to suit your own family’s tastes. It is also rather healthy especially if you use low-fat spray and cut the fat off the bacon.
Bacon (I use 2 rashers per person, but that’s just me!)
1 Egg per person
Veggies: Anything you have left in the fridge which go well in a stir fry – I used Courgettes, Red onions, peppers in the picture but I think you could add just about anything!
Pepper to taste
- Cook your bacon in a frying pan. I use a low-fat spray just to coat the pan, the fat on the bacon will cook itself. I like to cook the bacon so it is slightly crispy.
- Whilst the bacon is cooking, boil the water for your noodles and chop up your veg into chunks. Crack open your eggs into a small container and whisk up. Add a little pepper and soy sauce. (If you want you could also add some chinese 5 spice to the eggs, which will make this also taste extremely tasty!)
- when your bacon is cooked to your liking, take it out of the frying pan, dry on some paper towels. Carefully remove fat (if you so wish) and then slice up the bacon into bite-size chunks.
- Add your noodles to the boiled water, and cook according to instructions – usually they take about 4 mins.
- Whilst noodles are cooking, add a little more low-fat spray to the pan, and add the veggies. As the pan is nice and hot, it won’t take very long for them to cook, I like to cook them until they are a little browned.
- Remove the noodles from the pan once cooked, and drain using a collinder. Keep them to one side for a moment.
- Add your bacon back to the veggies in the pan, and mix together.
- Add your eggs to the pan, and scramble them into the veg and bacon. Cook to your liking. I like my eggs quite well cooked.
- Add your noodles, and mix into the bacon and egg mix. Add a little soy sauce whilst you mix the noodles in. Add some pepper to taste.
- Serve in nice big bowls, and tuck in!