Since having the Bubs 10 weeks ago, I thought I would share some of the things I feel I have learnt over this period of time:
1. What did I do without Muslin Cloths? and where do they go? the same place as odd socks?
2. That getting up at 6am is a good thing, as it’s better than 2, 3 or 4am
3. You may be tired, and half alive, but hey! 3am is the perfect time for smiles, giggles and playtime.
4. Don’t bother wearing a nursing bra for at least 6 weeks, as you’ll be feeding so much you may as well not wear it. In fact why bother wearing any top at all! (im talking around the house, not popping down the shops mind)
5. That you will sing any nursery rhymes you can remember, and even then the ones you do you make up half the words, and then sing over and over again, until that’s all you can think in your brain
6. That however quiet you are trying to be, you will always end up making the most noise
7. That as soon as you think the baby is asleep, and you put them down, they are actually in fact wide awake and just playing a joke on you
8. That after a while you start to think baby sick, poo, and dried milk all over your clothes doesn’t smell that bad, not really.
9. That trying to leave the house for any specific time means getting up at least 3 hours before allotted leaving time as baby will always want to feed and then will absolutley want to do the biggest, most horrendous poo the second you want to leave
10. I never knew you could put someone before everything else, that you wouldn’t mind feeling like death, and not brushing your teeth, eating rice crackers as that’s all you can grab, crying at kittens on TV, singing nursery rhymes until your ears bleed, because this little person is all that matters. Until it happens you don’t believe it.